My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Winfield Blue Pacific Gravy Boat - Buy Collectibles at Atomic Mall

Winfield Blue Pacific Gravy Boat

Buy Winfield China at Quality Junk on Atomic Mall

Description -- California Pottery. Overall dimensions 7 1/2" x 6", 4 1/4" high. Hand painted white bamboo on light blue body. Good used condition, no chips, cracks or crazing. There is an unglazed spot on the handle (see pic)(manufacturing defect). Current (07/09) replacement value is $55.95. This pattern was issued during the 1950's.

Historical Data -- Winfield Pottery was founded in 1929 in Pasadena, California and moved to Santa Monica in 1946. After 1946, Winfield sold some of their rights to the American Ceramics Company so they began to mark their pottery with the name "Gabriel". Gabriel pieces are harder to find and identify but some of their patterns are identical to Winfield's. Their lines have a strong Pacific Rim influence, often having rice bowls, sake cups, and a variety of small side dish shapes. The lines were either solid colored or more frequently decorated with hand painted motifs.

I just updated this beautiful piece of California pottery and I have a fair selection in this pattern in my Atomic Mall Store -- Quality Junk.

No comments: