My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Poetry 101 - Life At Night

Another effort to relive my poet years. I'll let you be the judge.

Poetry 101
Life At Night

All day she thought about the night
The fun and noise and drinks in sight.

She wanted but to party
To make her life more hearty.

What drew her to this crowd
So drunken and so loud.

Did she feel some hidden need
To erase the world or from it speed.

Those thoughts are left from other years. The habits hard to break.
She fears the pains of daily life. The effort she can't make.

If life is one big party, No problems need she face.
So every night she hurries there. To join the endless race.

No faces she need love, Nor rejections pain to feel.
No reminders of commitments, That were never, ever real.

In this the faces are alike. They want no pain, not yet.
And so they run around each night. Not to worry or to fret.

The Old Guy
17 Mar 2001

Feel free to share if you like and thanks for listening....

No comments: