My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

San Diego Zoo for Dinner???

San Diego Zoo

I have always had a few San Diego Zoo items from a set of dinnerware that was being sold a few years back as memorabilia, About two weeks ago I came across a lot of four more different dinner plates and finally got around to listing them in my Atomic Mall store today. Now that I have a significant number of pieces from the set, I did a little research and decided to pass it along.

The artist is Michael Schnorr. He studied right here in San Diego at SDSU and did graduate work in Stockholm. Rome and Florence. He did a number of murals here in Chicano Park and I saw a number of other references regarding his work on the internet. I think he is a professor at Southwestern College in Chula Vista and resides locally.

I have always been a member of the Zoological Society and while I am not an art critic I have been impressed with the art drawings on the various pieces of this set. They are so realistic you can almost hear them.

Buy San Diego Zoo Dinnerware at Quality Junk in Atomic Mall


Cheetah Plate

Gorilla Plate _______ Giraffe Plate

Eland Plate _______ Elephant Plate

Update 08/31/09: Sold the gorilla plate.
I will add new info as it surfaces. Thanks for listening...

No comments: