My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Albert Pottery - A Mystery Solved

Albert Beverage Server Albert Beverage Server Bottom View


Several months ago I came across this beverage server and listed it in my store. In trying to research it, I found some threads on MODish.net and discovered that I was not the only one trying to find some info about it. In March 2009 the answer came in the form of a posting by Jacob Albert, the son of the potters (Joesph & Beatrice Albert).
Comment on MODish.net by Jacob Albert

There is more information in this same thread provided by Peter Knobler, the son of the distributor, Alfred E. Knobler.
Comment on MODish.net by Peter Knobler

Since than I have seen more pieces from the Albert Pottery both on MODish.net and around the net. It is definitely mid-century modern and I am now keeping my eyes open for more. The beverage server was made in a number of different glaze colors. Of course it is for sale in my store.
Beatrice Albert Beverage Server at Quality Junk in Atomic Mall

thanks for listening...

No comments: