My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday Morning Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sign

Went to the Swap Meet again today. More to get the exercise than to find anything, but you never know. I did find some pieces that I bought more to research than to sell.

Brief Descriptions:
  • Narumi NAR55 Oval Platter. 16.5" long. Gray pine needle branches with small yellow cones in the center of each needle spread. This differs from replacements description, but I am fairly certain that it is the same pattern. My guess is circa 1950's with a probable replacement value of around $75.00. It is in excellent condition with very light trim wear. (Update 06/08/09) Narumi China at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall

  • Homer Laughlin California State Plate in the Cavalier Shape (not eggshell). 10" diameter. White body, pastel blue rim with gold heraldic crosses. Date marked 1956. Excellent condition. (Update 06/08/09) Listed: California Plate at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall

  • Fitz & Floyd (Table Collection) Plate. All white body with a poem about "Friends" in blue. 10 3/4" diameter. Older Fitz & Floyd mark. Original paper label "Japan". (Update 06/08/09) Listed: Fitz & Floyd at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall

I need to do more research before listing these and will update this post when I list them.

NEW ISSUE
This afternoon I found time to move my remaining Sterling China from Blujay to my Atomic Mall store.

Sterling China of Wellsville, Ohio was founded in 1917. During WWII they were a major producer of china for the U.S. Navy. They produce commercial advertising china products, but also are well known for a line of Russell Wright they first issued in 1948. In 1952 they bought out the Scamwell Company of New Jersey. They used an East Liverpool, Ohio address for business purposes. As far as I know they closed in 2006.



Buy Sterling China at Quality Junk in Atomic Mall.

Thanks for listening...☺☺☺☺

No comments: