My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Syracuse China - Going, Going, Gone.


Syracuse China Sign
I know I'm a day late and a dollar short with this news, but when I decided today to post an article on Syracuse China, I discovered that it has now gone or is soon to go the way of almost all USA dinnerware manufacturers. I came across this article (10 Dec 2008)from the Central New York Newspaper - The Post-Standard, reporting the impending closure of the Syracuse China Company."Syracuse China Fading Into History"

For a detailed history of the company prior to this time I recommend this site - "The History of Syracuse China"

These two articles will give you more info than I possibly can. I think Syracuse is one of the last major potteries in the U.S.A. to mass produce dinner and restaurant ware. They will be sorely missed.

I have a small selection of Syracuse in my store should you want a piece of American history. "Buy Syracuse China at Quality Junk in Atomic Mall"

Syracuse Canterbury Pitcher Syracuse Mayflower Vegetale Bowl Syracuse Oriental Sugar Bowl Syracuse 20th Century Fox Dinner Plate

No comments: