My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Church Plates - Faith or Advertising

ChurchI do not want to start a controversy here regarding the need for or the right of churches and religions in general to advertise themselves.

What I want to do is point out the beauty of these churches as they are shown on plates. I am sure that most people keep these in their homes as acts of faith. I also believe that churches for the most part use these as a means of fundraising as well as a way to commemorate significant events in their histories. Potteries in almost every country in the world have filled orders at one time or another for these plates and other similar memorabilia.

My point here is that the hundreds if not thousands of these plates that are available at very reasonable prices create an area that most people can afford to collect and proudly display.

I do not have many of these but I am always on the lookout for more.

Church Plates at Quality Junk in Atomic Mall

Victoria, Texas
Cambridge, IllinoisSan Diego, California

No comments: