My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Swap Meet News

Went to visit my main supplier today. The local swap meet is getting to be a waste of time for me on Wednesdays. Just A Note
All of the "Quality Junk" dealers that used to be there have just about given it up because of the bad economic situation we are going through. Fortunately, the flip side of the coin is that more "garage sale sellers" are coming on the weekend to sell what they can to try and make ends meets. I feel sorry for these folks who are forced to sell their memories to pay the rent and put food on the table, but as the saying goes. "One mans trash is another mans treasure". I thank my higher power every day for my Navy retirement. I'm not wealthy, but I don't see my family going hungry or living on the street.

As usual I'm rambling on and on. To make a long story short I only made two buys today. First, a lot of five nice Metlox Colorstax fruit bowls in the hard to find Plum color, which I'll be listing on Atomic Mall soon. The other treasure was a beautiful Royal Winton Grimwades covered butter/cheese dish. It has a bad chip in one corner of the dish, but the cover is in excellent condition and these are really hard to find. I will be doing some research on it before I list it for sale and it may just find a place on my fireplace mantle instead. I'll try and add a picture here later to share it with you.

No comments: