My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy 4th of July To All

4th of July





Abingdon George & Martha Washington Vase
Abigdon Vase Closeup
I thought I would contribute to the 4th of July celebration by sharing this beautiful Abingdon George and Martha Washington Vase with everyone.
Abigdon Vase Closeup
Description -- 10 1/2" tall x 6 3/4" opening x 4 1/8" base. George and Martha Washington transfer, gold filigree highlights and trim. pastel light blue/green drapes. Excellent used condition with light bottom wear. No chips, cracks or crazing. Bottom marked and inscribed #557. This shape was used from 1940 through 1948.

Historical Data -- Abingdon was founded in 1908 for the manufacture of bathroom fixtures. They began making art pottery in 1934 in order to counteract the effects of the Great Depression. All art pottery lines were discontinued in 1950. During this 16 year period over 1000 shapes in 150 (mostly high gloss) colors were issued.

Buy Abingdon Pottery at Quality Junk on Atomic Mall

No comments: