My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Technical Porcelain and Chinaware Company



Probably many of you will not recognize the company in the title, but you would if I simply called it TEPCO, the more familiar acronym. Most sources state that TEPCO was founded in 1918 by John Battista Pagliero in El Cerrito, California. At first TEPCO's production was primarily just what the name states, Technical and electrical porcelain manufacture. In the years leading up to World War II, TEPCO potters and decorators began producing beautiful airbrushed patterns on heavy ware for the restaurant and hotel trade. By the beginning of the War they were a major player in commercial china. These pieces are very much in demand by collectors today. During the War years the company was the major suppier of china for the U.S. Pacific Fleet. They continued to produce quality restaurant ware right up until the company closed around 1968.

For those who may want to learn more please check out this link:
"Reprint Of An Article About Tepco On The E.Z.Smith Web Pages"


Now for the curious among you who are probably wondering why TEPCO popped into me mind today. I was looking through some piles of china on my back patio that I simply have never got into since I closed my brick and mortar store 5 years ago and came across a number of restaurant ware pieces including a few small TEPCO berry/fruit bowls. They jogged my memory about the article above and so I decided to list them in my store and when I reread the article I felt I had to share it with you'

I am hoping to add more commercial china to the store as time allows. It is an important and continuing part of Pottery history. For now this link should show most of what I have listed.
Restaurantware at Quality Junk in Atomic Mall

Thanks for listening... ☺☺☺

No comments: