My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Goodwill Pottery - Noritake & Carrigaline

goodwillLots of things to report today. In addition to the busy weekend, I made a sale last night - San Diego Zoo Gorilla Plate. Mailed it out this morning and of course while I was there, I had to stop at the Goodwill and check out the new merchandise.








Noritake Colony Teapot

Noritake Colony Teapot




I picked up a really nice Noritake Colony Teapot.

Listed Noritake Colony Teapot at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall


Carragaline Cup Set
Carragaline Cup Set
Also, a demi mug and saucer from the Carrigaline Pottery in Ireland in their Shamrock pattern. I had never heard of them before and that alone sold me on buying it to do the research. Listed:
Carrigaline Shamrock Cup Set at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall


I said yesterday that I would let you know about the swap meet finds I had yesterday so here it is.
Blue Mountain Bakers
Blue Mountain Blue Mountain Loaf BakerBlue Mountain Oval Baker
First I picked up a Loaf Baker and a large Oval Baker from Blue Mountain Potteries in Canada. This was another buy heavily influenced by the fact that I had never heard of these guys either. So far I have discovered that Blue Mountain Potteries was one of the largest and most prolific in Canada. They were in business between 1947 and 2004. Listed:
Blue Mountain Oval Baker at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall
Blue Mountain Loaf Baker at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall

Noritake Zembla Cream Soup Set
Noritake Zembla Cream Soup SetMy other find was a bit more common and I was a bit disappointed to find it had a much lower replacement value than I had thought it would. It was a very nice set of six Noritake Zembla Cream Soup bowls with the under plates in perfect condition. Again I'll elaborate after I list and find out a little more.
Listed: Noritake Zembla Cream Soup Set at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall


All Noritake articles in this blog.
Well that's enough for now. Thanks for listening.... ☺☺☺☺

No comments: