My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Franciscan Sea Sculpture Swap Meet Finds

Swap Meet SignI rarely find much of anything at the Swap Meet on Wednesdays. A fact that has caused me to skip even going on Wednesdays much any more. Today however was an exception. I went there early and started my rounds. The first time through I didn't see anything that even remotely interested me. Probably because most of the dealers were still unloading their trucks and setting up their stalls. When I started through the second time I assumed it would be more of the same, but I couldn't have been more mistaken.

I was almost finished when I noticed a big junk dealer had just finished setting up. Usually, if he has anything at all, it is so badly damaged as to be worthless to me. I immediately saw a stack of Franciscan Sea Sculpture plates and began checking them for damage. Amazingly they were in perfect condition except for some wear on the marks (common in Franciscans Sculpture line). I picked them up and started away to find out the price when I spotted a few cereal bowls on the same table that I recognized as belonging to Franciscans primary sculpture line. These were the first primary white bowls I had ever come across and I knew they were fairly rare because of the number of requests I have had for them in the past. The lot consisted of 5 plates and three cereal bowls and while I never reveal my cost I will say that I got them for a song.

When I got home and discovered the lot had a replacement value of over $200.00 I was very, very happy. I have already listed all of the plates as I had photos of them from past sales and listings. I will list the bowls as soon as I can photograph them. These very plain bowls were the most valuable part of the buy at $34.00 each for replacement cost. They are listed:

Franciscan Sea Sculpture at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall

I almost forgot, on the way out I picked up 4 Studio Nova Attitudes Dinner Plates for another very low price. They are listed:

Studio Nova at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall

Thanks for listening.... ☺☺☺☺

No comments: