My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Goodwill Find - Brock Chanticleer Pottery

goodwillSince I had to ship the Rose China today, I had to stop at Goodwill and check things out. They had quit a bit of pottery, but only one piece jumped right out at me and said "take me home". It is a beautiful 11" Brock of California Chanticleer dinner plate. This is the first time I have seen one without any damage at all and I had to have it.

Brock of California was founded in 1947 by Bert Brock. He was better known for his abstract art than for his dinnerware, but the company designed a limited number of dinnerware patterns that are highly sought after today. The company closed around 1980.I have seen references that lead me to believe that Brock of California was actually a line designed by Brock and manufactured by the Southern California Pottery Company (also owned by Brock).

Brock Canticleer Dinner PlateBrock Cahanticleer Dinner Plate Mark

Here's my Brock of California Chanticleer

For the most part I have spent most of the day listing the Sheffield I bought over the weekend. That was a lot of photos to take and edit and than post so I didn't get much else done.

I should mention that one reason listing is a time consumer for me is that I use Photobucket and unlike most people I Title, Describe and Tag every primary photo for every listing. It's double the work but I'm still trying to be in the information business and not just sell things because they are pretty.

I'm trying to watch Monday Nite football and type at the same time. Not a great idea so I'm gonna quit for now.

Thanks for listening .... ☺☺☺☺

No comments: