My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Health 101 - the Doctor is in!!

Doctor Cartoon Today is one of those days I'm not very fond of. My monthly trip to the doctors that I somehow only find time for once a year. Actually I wouldn't go that often if I didn't have to get her to renew my blood pressure medication prescriptions.

Actually it started off well. I weighed in at 195 lbs. (I haven't been under 215 since I retired from the Navy in 1988). Then we found out the scale was off. I actually was a robust (spell that fat) 220 lbs. The next phase was the blood pressure. I felt optimistic at 145 over something, until she pointed out that last year I was 130 over something. Then came the dreaded bloodletting ceremony. This time I was pleasantly surprised. There is a new medical assistant and she was right on target with the needle. One puncture and SHAZAAM, three full tubes of blood. Finally I got my 3 minutes with the doctor she rearranged a few of my meds and told me to come back in 30 days. (I'll have to check my schedule and see if I'm available than). I took my wheelbarrow load of prescriptions and dropped them off at the pharmacy to pick up tomorrow. (I know I should have bought stock in some of these drug companies. Between my wife and I we must be paying the bonus's of at least three vice-presidents and a cleaning lady.) Oh well enough complaining for now.

Thanks for listening.... ☺☺☺☺

No comments: