My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Busy Weekend & A Power Failure

Power Failure Well I think this is the first time since I reopened this blog a couple of months ago that I missed two days in a row. There was just to much going on for me to get on the computer.

The main deal was the Little League World Series, which just wrapped up with our home town boys from Chula Vista coming out on top of a super fine team from Chinese Taiwan. In fact, I'm still listening to the local news specials trying to out brag each other. I'm not a big baseball fan, but these games were great. I wish our Padres could do half as well, but than again, that's a whole different ball game.

I am a big football fan and of course I had to watch the Chargers - Falcons game. Unfortunately we lost at the last minute, but it was a great game and after all it is the preseason. Anyway that's been my weekend.

I thought I would be able to catch up this morning, but About 11 O'clock last night we lost power and didn't get it back until just before the Baseball game. As luck would have it the problem was pretty much restricted to our street and I still have no idea what the problem was.

I did get to the Swap Meet this morning, and bought a couple of nice pieces, but that's a story for tomorrow.

Thanks for listening.... ☺☺☺☺

No comments: