My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hot Pottery - Alaskan Clay Vase - ENCO Mini Mug

Hot Day I sure wish we had that breezy cool weather back that was here a day or so ago. It is definitely hot enough to fry eggs on the sidewalk today and it looks like it's going to stay that way over the weekend. It's so hot that my cats are all sleeping on top of our chest freezer where it's always cold.

I decided to take pictures and list a few things today because it is just too hot to do much of anything else. I found a few more items in boxes from our brick & mortar days and decided it was time to let the rest of the world see them.

Enco Souvenir Mini Mug
Enco Mini Mug I am a lot more interested in odds and ends than I used to be and when I came across this miniature souvenir mug from Turkey Run State Park it aroused my curiosity for a number of reasons. I can remember similar mementos from various vacations lining the shelves of my dad's gun cabinet. Also I had never heard of the company that apparently were the distributors of these items to many tourist attractions and roadside stands throughout the country in the mid 1900's. My research didn't turn up much about ENCO except that they were headquartered in New York and that they imported their merchandise from all around the world and some was even made here in the good old U.S. of A. I did find out a lot about Turkey Run State Park in Indiana and for those who may be interested here's a great Wikipedia Link:

Turkey Run State Park, Indiana

I did finally list it:

ENCO Mini Mug at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall



Alaskan Vase signed Hagmann
Hagmann Alaskan Vase
Hagmann Alaskan Vase The next piece is not from my store days. I found it at Goodwill a couple of years ago and my wife liked it so well it went straight up on the fireplace mantel and I never listed it. Unfortunately we have run out of room on the mantel and have other items we want to display so I decided it was time to put it in the store. It is an artist signed Alaskan vase made from Cook Inlet Clay. I have not found any mention of this artist anywhere, but rest assured that this is no 6" vase made to sell in a souvenir shop. It is over 18" tall and very narrow. I have seen vases of this same clay that are very small (6") being offered on line for around $50.00. I think my asking price is very reasonable for this fantastic piece. Here it is:

Alaskan Vase signed Hagmann at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall


Enough for today. Thanks for listening....☺☺☺☺

No comments: