My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Goodwill Pottery - Furnivals, Sango

Furnivals Brown Quail Round Serving Bowl
Furnivals Brown Quail Bowl - Click for full size viewFurnivals 1913 ltd mark
After shipping my Stangl order out this morning I stopped at Goodwill and found a beautiful Furnivals (Staffordshire) Round Vegetable Bowl in the Brown Quail Pattern in pristine condition. As near as I can tell the mark and registry number are from 1921. What I paid is of course a trade secret, but I can tell you that it was a bargin for this piece which has a current replacement value of $80.00. I will list it soon. I was particularly happy to get it since I have no Furnivals in stock at this time.

Furnival was one of the fine Staffordshire potteries, established in 1865 by Thomas Furnival & Sons. in January 1913 the name was changed from "Furnivals" to "Furnivals (1913) Ltd". The works were closed in 1968 and the company name was purchased by Enoch Wedgwood (Tunstall) Ltd. The rights to the name are still owned by Wedgwood.

Furnival Quail Bowl at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall



Sango Sabrina Bowls
Sango Sabrina BowlI also picked up a couple of Sango Sabrina Bowls (one rimmed soup & one coupe serving), because the price was right and I have good luck with Sango replacements. Sango Ceramics Indonesia is the leading ceramics tableware distributer based in Indonesia. They have fine china, porcelain, and stoneware for home as well as for the hospitality industry manufactured in a number of countries. Their products are exported and sold everywhere. This pattern is most likely a Sango product distributed by their American marketing firm(PTS International).

Sango at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall



I was also able to photograph my Swap Meet purchases from Saturday and will start listing them tomorrow.

Thanks for listening... ☺☺☺☺

No comments: