My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Another Goodwill Score - Metlox Fruit Basket Chop Plate

goodwillSent off my Franciscan Creole Plate this morning and of course I had to stop at Goodwill for a little "looksee". They had a very nice selection of Franciscan Madeira, but I have a lot of Madiera and it hasn't sold that well for me so I passed it by. Here's what I currently have listed:

Franciscan Madiera at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall






Than I spotted a huge (14") Metlox Fruit Basket Chop Plate. (Update 08/09) Listed:

Metlox Fruit Basket Chop Plate

Metlox Fruit Basket Chop Plate at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall

Although this is a fairly common pattern, I knew from experience that these extra large chop plates are fairly rare in this really great condition and when I saw the price was right I snapped it up. when I got back to the house I discovered with glee that it has a current replacement cost of $54.99. I'll list it tomorrow if I have time. Here is a link to the only other Fruit Basket I have:

Metlox Fruit Basket Vegetable Bowl at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall

I spent most of the rest of the day fighting with the Brock pieces that I was trying to list. It is really difficult to try and get any kind of accurate information about ware from any company when there is hardly any reference material available and Brock is one of these companies. I listed two more pieces today and it was interesting.

One is a Harvest (Brown) Pepper Shaker. I had a hard time finding any info, but I finally sorted it out and discovered that Brock actually had issued three different shapes of Salt and Pepper Shakers with their Provincial (my name) patterns. This one is in the Jug shape and the other two were Candlestick and Milk Can. I don't know if all of three of these were issued in all of these patterns, but it looks like they were. The Milk Can Shape appears to be the one that is most available.

The other piece is a Chanticleer mini ewer or carafe. It is identical to the the large coffee carafes in these patterns except that it is only 4 1/2" tall. It has a very bad chip in the rim just behind the spout and ordinarily I wouldn't have listed it, but since I couldn't find any available or even proof that they existed, I decided it was scarce enough to preserve and offer to some dedicated Brock collector.

Here's the link again:

Brock of California at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall

I promise to try and be more productive tomorrow.
Thanks for listening... ☺☺☺☺

2 comments:

Fruit Basket Review said...

Congratulations on your Metlox Fruit Basket Chop Plate find. So fun!! Hopefully you get a good sale price out of it.

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.