My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Swap Meet Pottery - Noritake

Swap Meet SignI decided to give the Wednesday Swap Meet another try today. As usual it lived up to my expectations. Not much there to tickle my fancy, but I did find a couple of nice pieces.

Noritake Armand Serving Bowl
Noritake Armand Bowl - click for full size viewA large Noritake Armand Round Vegetable Bowl out on the field. Nothing unusual there, but it was in perfect condition and the price was certainly right.

Historical Data -- The Noritake Company was established in the village of Noritake near Nagoya Japan by Baron Morimura in January 1904. Today it is one of the premier makers of fine China in the world. Listed:

Noritake Armand Serving Bowl at Quality Junk


Noritake Gilded Age Plates
Noritake Gilded Age Dinner Plate - click for full size viewAs I was leaving I stopped at one of the "Garage Stores" that I buy from occasionally and picked up a 4 piece lot of Noritake Gilded Age plates, one each dinner,salad,bread and saucer. I had been looking at these for some time and I bought them because Gilded Age is a simple but beautiful design and I wanted to add them to my store.


Another note of interest about this pattern. It was made in the Philippines for Noritake. I usually steer clear of Philippine pottery for two reasons. First, most of what is currently on the market is from small "cottage" industry companies and is of a poor quality. Second, I have to limit the range of my inventory and purchases and so I simply have to pass by a lot of good pieces from countries that are relatively new to the pottery business. This includes the Philippines, Portugal and Italy and many others. I just don't have the financial capability of expanding into those areas at this time.

Noritake Gilded Age at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall

More Noritake at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall

Noritake articles in this blog.

Enough for now. Thanks for listening.... ☺☺☺☺

No comments: