My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Otagiri Tea Set - Another Great Sale

OTAGIRI TEA SET
Otagari Tea Set - click for full size viewSold another piece today while taking my "old guy" nap. (I've got to nap more often). This time it was a really nice Otagiri Tea Set. I almost (remember I said almost) hate to sell it.

Description -- Gray body with hand inscribed and handpainted bird, flower and fish designs. Teapot - opening diameter 3 5/8", foot ring diameter 4 1/8", height 5" (top of finial). Cups - 2 1/2" diameter x 2 1/2" tall. Rattan handle in perfect condition. The beautiful hand work makes this a prime example of Japanese craftsmanship. Excellent condition with no chips, cracks or crazing. Not all pieces have intact OMC Gold paper labels.

Historical Data -- Otagiri Mercantile Company, more commonly called OMC, was established in San Francisco in 1947 . Most products by Otagiri were manufactured in Japan. They became one of the most respected importers of giftware and in 1994, Otagiri was sold to the Enesco Corporation.

My thanks to the buyer in Connecticut who purchased it. I hope she will enjoy it as much as I have.

More Otagiri at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall


I'm off to buy more bubble wrap. Thanks for listening....☺☺☺☺

No comments: