My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Disaster Strikes Again

Disaster Once again as soon as On line sales start to climb for the fall holiday season disaster has reached out an swept all the little people under the carpet. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theory nut, but it is very suspicious how some new rule or the other to target those of us who sell on the alternative sites to the big guy always shows up around this time of the year. This time it is a new rule that takes away the capability to control our search engine feeds to the Google Product search and force the site web masters to submit the site as one entity. If this transition is successful things may go back to normal in a week or so, but the site I was on last year really never recovered. I have a lot of faith in the folks at Atomic Mall so I am going to wait and see. Right now I basically am disconnected from Google Shopping and the few listings I can find in the basic google search are buried. I will continue trying to list and refine my store in order to make it more buyer friendly, but I am pretty unhappy about all of this right now.

A little later. The situation is still unchanged and I am still ticked off, but into every storm a ray of sun must shine or something like that. Disconnected from the search engines or not I made a sale. An old customer must have realized I needed cheering up and purchased a Metlox Colorstax Fruit/Berry Bowl.
Don't be discouraged, we have more. Metlox Colorstax at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall

More Later..... Thanks for listening ☺☺☺☺

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Quality Junk,

I like the "house of cards" pic,I feel you there, I'm in the same boat.

I also sell on Atomic Mall and I'm having the same problem, google feed died a few weeks ago and so did sales.

I don't blame Atomic Mall, they do a good job I think, but I was under the impression that It would happen automatically and I didn't have to do anything. Then I just found out last week that I needed to disable my old google feed before the transition would work.

As of now still not working, I hope it goes up soon.

I've been checking out your stuff since you came to atomic mall, there sure is a lot to learn about pottery and porcelain !

Best, junk250