My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Poetry 101 - Expectations

Poetry 101All of the current problems that I am having with my Atomic Mall Store because of the new google feed rules have been driving me nuts. Then I remembered this poem from years ago that I had written when I was having some issues over which I had no control and no choice but to sit and wait for others to take care of them. Same situation I'm in now. Reading it has calmed me down a little and I pass it along to anyone else who may be interested. Feel free to share it if you want.


EXPECTATIONS

Why do I feel so bad
Or maybe even sad.

When others do not do
The things I want them to.

I need to reconsider
Why I do feel so bitter.

I know I don't control
How others walk or stroll.

My life alone I need to heed
Let others march to their own creed.

So hard to need another
To help you like a mother.

We were all made to want
Someone to lean on even haunt.

So hard to love without demands
Not to touch with heated hands.

To retreat back into self
And fence back out the masses.

A danger there I do not want
It makes my blood molasses.

I guess there is no answer here
Life's always frought with fear.

The pain I feel may not be nice
But feeling not would hurt me twice.


The Old Guy
14 Mar 2001

Thanks for listening.... ☺☺☺☺

No comments: