My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pottery Sale - Fukagawa

Not much to report today. I did have a sale and checked out Goodwill when I went to ship it, but nothing there caught my eye.
Fukagawa Maple Serving Bowl
Fukagawa Maple Serving Bowl - click for full size viewDescription -- Pattern 905. 9 1/4" diameter. Red, rust & gold leaves on branches, gold trim. Overall excellent used condition except for a small stain on the side and trim wear. (It appears to be a rub of some kind). Estimated replacement value $39.99. I should point out that there were two different maple patterns. This one is 905 and has a coupe shape with three leaf colors on the branches. The other is 505 which is rim shaped and has all red maple leaves on black branches.

Historical Data -- In 1894 the modern Fukagawa company was founded in Arita by Chuji Fukagawa, with the Fukagawa trade mark of Mount Fuji and a stream, as its trade mark. The Fukagawa company has served as purveyor for the Japanese Imperial Household since 1910 and only produces white true high temperature porcelain.

My thanks to the buyer in Oakland and I hope she enjoys this fine example of Japanese dinnerware.

More Fukagawa at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall


That's all for today folks! Thanks for listening.... ☺☺☺☺

No comments: