My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Pottery Update - United Airlines, Noritake, Furnivals

bullhornIt seems to be getting harder and harder for me to keep posting here on a timely basis. Trying to get my Atomic Mall listings in compliance with Google's new marketplace policies has taken a little setback. I was trying to get everything cleaned up by stripping my listings of anything that google considers non-compliant and at the same time adding an attribute to show the shipping weight of each item in an attached attribute. Google has two approved ways to enter weight either pounds or the abbreviation lbs. I choose pounds. A week later Atomic Mall updated their software to make attribute listing simpler. This is a great update, but unfortunately (for me) they choose lbs and the weight attribute from the 800 listings I had corrected all disappeared and I will have to do them over. Oh well live and learn. At least the corrections are a lot simpler because of this great update by the Mall. I bought one piece and sold one since my last post.

Noritake United Airlines Entree Plates
Nortake United Airlines Entree Plate - click for full size viewFirst my lonely sale, a lot of three United Airlines Entree plates manufactured by Noritake.7 3/4" x 6 5/8" x 1 3/8", small abstract gray splash design. One side has a small lip Probably made to make handling easier for the flight attendants. This Pattern was made by Noritake exclusively for United Airlines. Excellent used condition with a very minor utensil scratches and bottom wear. Leftovers from the days when airlines actually tried to please their passengers by serving lavish full course meals on real china.

Historical Data -- The Noritake Company was established in the village of Noritake near Nagoya Japan by Baron Morimura in January 1904. Today it is one of the premier makers of fine China in the world.

More Airline China at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall

More Noritake at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall

All Noritake articles in this blog



Furnivals Blue Quail Serving Bowl
Furnivals Blue Quail Serving Bowl - click for full size viewNow for my lonely purchase. Pickings were very slim at the Swap Meet on Sunday and I ended up with a Furnivals Blue Quail Oval Serving Bowl. It does have a small under rim chip, but the price I paid for this bowl that has a current replacement value of $90.00 was so low that I had to have it.

This has an all white body with a scalloped edge, blue floral border with a blue scene showing a pair of browsing quail in the center well. This is 8 5/8" x 6 1/2" x 1 3/4" bowl. Unfortunately a small under rim chip takes away from the otherwise excellent condition of this vintage piece. This is the smaller of the two sizes that this bowl was issued in. The larger is 9" and has a slightly higher value.

Furnivals at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall

Furnivals articles in this blog


Thanks for listening... ☺☺☺☺

No comments: