My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Begin at the Beginning!!

GENERAL INFO

Just a few words about me and my auctions. I am a retired U.S. Navy Master Chief Petty Officer. After serving 30 years on active duty I retired in 1988. Since then I have been involved in all sorts of things related to the Antique and Collectible business. For about ten years I was a professional swap meet dealer. During that period I sold everything from silk flowers to trading cards. After losing money for all that time (but still having fun), I decided to take a booth in a large antique mall. After about two years of this. I opened my own store in downtown San Diego and for a couple of years I had the largest selection of new and used stuffed animals in town. About this time the owners of the Antique Mall approached me and asked me to accept a position as the assistant manager of the mall. I closed my store and moved back into the mall as a dealer employee. I eventually became the manager for about a year prior to the mall closing due to development around us. When the Mall closed I bought out many of the dealers and opened my own store in another Antique district. After about two years of trying to fight off the wolves and make a go of it, I closed the doors. Since then I have been selling exclusively on line. I started on Yahoo Auctions, moved to Blujay when they closed and finally landed on Atomic Mall. (I hope this will be a permanent home as I find it to be the best site I have ever seen for my purposes.) Since my retirement I have accumulated a large inventory spanning a wide variety of merchandise and am now trying to sell it off a little at a time.


MY POLICIES -


  • I try deal with each customer individually

  • I try to describe each item accurately

  • I never give negative feedback and I try to resolve all problems in the buyers favor

  • I am building a network of customers and friends.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.