My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Bears,Bears,Bears and their Friends



Holy Cow, where did all those bears come from? This story goes all the way back to my days as a swap meet addict. One day at the swap meet here in San Diego I set up close to the biggest seller of used bears and other animals I had ever seen. We started setting up next to each other and later when I stopped swap meeting and went into a large Antique Mall with my merchandise I would put her bears in the mall during the week and she would take them out to the meet on weekends. Eventually I opened a small store close to the Mall for the bears. At some point I decided to start buying new bears to complement her secondary market inventory. They didn't sell very well but I just kept buying them anyway. For about three years I bought everything "stuffed" that Russ Berrie, Ganz, and Dakin/Applause had to offer. I still have many of these and in general they are all like new. I am trying to reduce my inventory without giving them away and on average I sell them for about 65% of original retail. Most of these are no longer on the market and are definitely collectible.

GET 'EM WHILE THEY'RE HERE FOLKS!!
WHEN THEY'RE GONE THEY'RE GONE!!


Stuffed Animals at Quality Junk in the Atomic Mall

No comments: