My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Poetry 101 - A Moment In Time


I'm afraid I feel the urge to entertain you with another of my rare ventures in creativity. This one was intended to describe my feelings about a few short moments I would often share with a dear friend after closing up the Antique Mall for the day. It was a quiet calming time that usually washed the day trials and tribulations from my mind. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

A MOMENT IN TIME

Between My work and nightly sleep
a time of comfort seems to creep.

just 30 minutes - one half hour
serves to calm and offer power.

speaking with a friend at ease
we sat together in the breeze.

we sipped hot drinks and watched the crowd.
Occasionally we thought out loud.

i talked and talked and rambled on
i would have kept her to the dawn.

i know not what i said to her
the time went by just like a blur.

i sensed her need to run and play
i knew i'd lose her anyway.

with heavy heart and racing mind
i said farewell i would not bind.

my friend she raced across the street
into the crowd a need to meet.

The Old Guy
18 Mar 2001

Feel free to share it if you like, thanks for listening.

No comments: