My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Poetry 101 - English Breakfast Tea



I wrote and dedicated this poem to a group of ladies who were living together in a substance abuse rehabilitation center trying desperately to find a new way of life. I gave it to them with the tea and hope that it made at least one day a little brighter.





When the sun comes up and I awake
my vision blurs and my head does ache
i know the cure, which i do need
it's warm and sweet and does the deed
To the kitchen i must drag
this body sore, face like a hag
in the cupboards do i search
moving slowly with a lurch
Then there it is, right in my eye
"thank you lord" My mouth does cry
now to the stove i swiftly stride
to warm this brew and save my hide
i sip it slow and feel the heat
my dormant heart begins to beat
a mix of love and soothing be
this cup of English Breakfast Tea


the old guy 7 May 2005

thanks for listening...


No comments: