My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Swap Meet Wednesday

Notes
I guess I never mentioned this before, but one of my favorite haunts is a local swap meet that is open Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. It is usually about the only exercise that I get each week and I try hard to make it every week. I used to sell there about 20 years ago and I know many of the sellers, so it is as much a social outing for me as it is a business activity.
I do find many treasures there and I hope it continues in business as long as I do. I don't just buy things there to resell I also buy pottery that I want to research and learn from. I am in a business where knowledge is money and I try to learn something every day.
Today I spent a few bucks. I won't tell you how many as that is a trade secret. I only made three purchases but they were all good buys. Some nice Furstenburg coasters, a wonderful Furnival Platter (I had never heard of them, but it turns out to be Staffordshire of some age), and a beautiful vintage Lefton 50th Wedding Anniversary pitcher in excellent condition.
thanks for listening, the old guy

No comments: