My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

New Treasure Found




Well I better update here before I get too far behind again. First of all the latest glitch on Yahoo has been fixed and things are about as back to normal as it ever gets. Kudos to the techs at Yahoo. fixed on Tuesday morning. I call that pretty good response. I know they are undermanned for a major site like Yahoo Auctions.


I also want to let you know about a couple of new found treasures that I will be listing soon, probably on Blujay for now. I picked up an absolutely stunning Vernon Kilns May Flower 14" Platter last weekend. This pattern was issued between 1942 and 1953. It is a fantastic example from the heyday of California Pottery. A great piece to add to your home decor or collection.


Wednesday I came across an item that I think is a real piece of Southern California history. It is a perfect Flintridge Flowering Cactus 14" round platter that was Issued in 1957 as a special order for the Jewelry Research Group convention in Palm Desert, Ca. I have placed a picture of this at the top of this entry. Taped to the back is a note from the owner asking that the plate go to Joseph Jessop Jr. (a famed California Jewelry family). I am assuming that this was in the nature of an estate guideline. I will list this soon either on Yahoo or Blujay.
Enough for now.. thanks for listening.. the old guy

No comments: