My Favorite Quotes

  1. "Whatever you do, do it well."



  2. "Of all the things I ever lost, I miss my mind the most."



  3. "The box says: 'Shut up Steve'."

About Me

My photo
Married with six children and 11 grandchildren. retired from USN in 1988 with 30 years of active service.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Poetry 101 - The Watcher in Your Soul





Another one of my feeble attempts at creativity. this one was for a friend who was going through a tough time in her life. I debated over the title, I was going to use "The Guardian Angel" , but somehow this seemed more appropriate. (Don't ask me why because I don't have the slightest idea).




THE WATCHER IN YOUR SOUL


thoughts and feelings you may hide
but there is one who's at your side.
it knows you well, this loving spirit.
it speaks not words, but you can hear it.

when things you do might bring you shame,
it tries to keep your actions tame.
with love it's been there many years
through joy and sadness, smiles and tears.

it shares your pain when you do wrong
and when you're good breaks out in song.
though you can't see this guardian sprite,
it's waits down deep to still your fright.

the warmth that comes from this sweet guide
will keep you safe and turn the tide
to help you find your lifelong goal
you have a watcher in your soul.
the old guy
to the light
09 May 2005
Feel free to share.
thanks for listening.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is just a test. the old guy